Uber Internal ToolsSoftware Engineer
Financial planning and forecasting software
- Built views with React, Redux, and a graph query system for use by finance and execs.
- Achieved 100% unit test coverage using Tape, Enzyme and Sinon for owned features.
- Wrote end to end integration tests in Python using Selenium for seamless deployment.
Code reuse and library construction platform
- Created database schemas, models, and update methods with Mongo and Mongoose.
- Handled REST API, routing, and permissions with Node and Express for db access.
- Wrote SASS library with node-sass and materialize-sass for programmatic styles.
- Wrote end-to-end unit tests with mocha-chai for reliable continuous integration.
First TicketSoftware Engineer
Intelligent Github ticket curation tool
- Styled React components with materialize-css for intuitive use on desktop and mobile
- Built user profile schema, and models with MySQL for performant database access
A nutrition tracking platform
- Refactored React front end with material-ui library for a polished, modern interface.
- Managed authentication and login encryption with sessions and bcrypt for secure login.
MusicMapSoftware Engineer & Product Owner
A music geolocation map
- Added SoundCloud OAuth using Atmosphere.js for fast deployment and music access.
- Implemented GPS location management to associate playlists with map coordinates.
- Owned app authentication, task inbox, global navigation, and forecasting views.
- Collaborated with design, product, and the back-end to iteratively develop features.
Bayer HealthcareProcess Development Scientist
Developed real time process monitoring tools for biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
Documented, streamlined, and taught bioreactor process control to teams of scientists.
Ohlone CollegeBiotechnology Instructor
Taught two classes on how to run bioreactors using advanced process control software
Curated and created course content including lecture, lab, and homework assignment
Joint BioEnergy InstituteFuel Synthesis Research Assistant
Engineered and analyzed bacterial strains for styrene monomer tolerance.